Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ALOHA!!!

As you can see we went on a little "Vaca" that was WAY overdue. Thanks to Nate's sister and brother in law for letting us use their condo, we took a trip to Maui and enjoyed a week of relaxation. My brother and his girlfriend came along and we had a blast.



The view from our balcony.


Nate's Mahi Mahi that he caught. We ate on this for two days, very good fish!










My brother and I got savaged the first day we were there and were miserable for the next few days. So he said, "Hey I heard that mustard takes the burn out of it." We were ready to try ANYTHING to keep from hurting. It worked for about 20 minutes, then it was a whore trying to scrub off the dry mustard in the shower. All in all, don't try it. It's not worth the hassle.





There were lots of turtles just off the shore.



Kirt, me and Nathan


Okay, okay. I know what you are thinking. We can't go anywhere without shooting stuff. Well, we really didn't plan on going hunting, but when Nate and Kirt found out that there was stuff to shoot on the island, that became an issue engulfed in their brain and they weren't going to quit thiking about it until they could pull the trigger on something. So here is Nate's Axis Deer that he shot.


And here is my brother's Muflon Sheep that he shot.






It was a great time and hopefully we can go back again sometime. Thanks again Ryan and Heidi for everything! Oh, and sorry viewers, no pictures of this whale in a swimsuit. Five months prego lady flaunting her stuff, not I. Try US Weekly or the Inquirer for those high self esteem babymakers.

12 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm green with envy!! And I am in complete support of the no pregnant pics! I won't let anyone get NEAR me with a camera! Wiat - you mean that wasn't a picture of you that Nate sent to us on his phone! :) seriously kidding - don't hate me! :)

Dana said...

Danica, you look great! You should post more pictures of you! Looks like fun. I love Maui. You make me want to go back!

Mary said...

You disgust me! I can't believe how gorgouse those photos are! What a nice vacation!

Stephanie.Fitness said...

WOW! I'm so jealous! How fun!! Glad to hear you guys had a blast!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a great time (minus the sunburn hahahha). I assumed you'd go fishing but I didn't know they had any animals big enough to hunt. I guess Hawaii really is like heaven!

Mandi Burrell said...

Hey Danica, thanks for the comment. I will definitely tell my mom. I was driving by your mom's house on Mother's Day and I totally wanted to stop and give her a big hug and tell my second mom to have a great day...I so should have. Tell your mom hi and that we should all have a girls dinner sometime. Your pictures are great....no pics of the girlfriend though:)

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Hey! How amazing and fun! I like Nate's shaved head! Funny that it didn't get burned! I wanted to see prego pics! Can't believe you are five months already! Are you going to find out what it is?

wendy lee said...

You are not big and pregnant like I always get when I am prego, you look great in the picture you posted. I am so jealous about Hawaii but not the sunburn-were there puss blisters etc.. so gross

Stephanie - My Frugal Lifestyle said...

Hey prego! So, I just left you a comment on my quilting blog. Email me and I'll get started.

Angie said...

Wow I'm jealous! That looked like a fun vacation!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Really sorry the family couldnt make it over there but the super ferry that we was suppose to take just shut down. Bummers. I should have warned you guys about the HOT HAWAIIAN sun, Looked sore but you guys were troopers. I hope one day you guys come back,maybe to Oahu this time. Take Care, Grant & Family

Stephens said...

I am with you on the prego swimming pictures... not a fan. Anyway, you hardly look prego at all in the other pictures.... I'll know for sure in a few weeks though- let me know when you have more info. about the shower!