Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BowHuntinG MemorieS


My Kudu

Layne's Sable

Nate's Waterbuck

Dave's Warthog

Well with bowhunting season in full effect, I thought that I would give a shout out to our success this year. We did quite well in Africa. I was really hesitant on taking my bow. But as you can see, I am sure glad that I did. Four out of the six of us that took our bows were able to capitalize on the opportunity. Out of the bow kills, I would have to say that Dave's warthog is my favorite. Spending the time with Dave and Nate in the blind was fun. But not as fun as watching Dave draw his bow and let down about 30 times. This dang pig wouldn't stand clear long enough from some piglets to get a shot. When it finally did, it was a great sight to see him running away with an arrow stuck in his side. It took us quite a while to find him, but once we found the lucky feather, everything else was history! I just wanted to say thanks again, "Dad" for coming with us. It was a blast!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i must say without a doubt you have the most interesting blog I've ever read. you crack me up.

The Suttons said...

Looks like a lot of fun but honestly I would rather shop :). You awesome little hunters you!

Shayne and Amber Hoskins said...

Hey my husband is sooo jealous. I am so excited that you have a blog now I can keep track of ya.:) We should do lunch sometime and catch up. It looks like your trip was awesome. I didn't know that you had gone again. I think this next year I might finally get up the courage to take hunters ED!?!

Shelley said...

It's not all blood and guts. You do have some really cute pictures of your family on here.